Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Life with No Doorknobs...

Well, over this past week we have had to change a few things about our living style- hence the title of this post--- we now have ZERO doorknobs in our home. Living with the dynamic destructive duo has some pretty exciting moments. One of which came last weekend when they locked themselves in our bedroom and we required a visit from the fire department.

I am fully at the point of understanding how different boys are from girls. Alexis required basically no babyproofing. Of course, I still did it all, but she never really got into anything. Our only incident was when she was about 20 months and she crawled into a bottom kitchen cabinet to get licorice. Of course, I ran to get a camera before I got her out of the cabinet. Such a cute little thing.

With the boys, however, babyproofing seems like it should be optional, but for totally separate reasons. Jake can get through ANY babyproofing we set up! And of course, his trusty sidekick is always with him to get into the fun stuff. I am wondering when this stage will pass, but people keep telling me there is way more to come. I fear they are correct!

Currently, our most used door (from garage to kitchen) is secured with a double top lock and we have a key inside and outside the house. Had Mike not installed the double top lock, I'm not sure we would ever get a good night sleep. Jake is up at all hours of the night. Most times he comes into our room, but he usually wants food and a drink (yes- at like 2am!!!!). What if he tries to get it himself one night? That would be scary!

So far each of the boys like to torment each other and are each other's best friends. I cannot wait until they are in the same school. I think it will be so fun for them! I am watching them play right now, as a matter of fact. Brayden is standing behind the plantation shutters, Jake has "shut" him in them, and Jake is reaching through the slats to "get" Brayden and saying "peek a boo". I'm loving it!

Life is never dull and I'm sure we are in for some great adventures along the way. If no doorknobs is the most of my worries, I will be thrilled! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment